Dürr receives Volkswagen Group Award 2017
Bietigheim-Bissingen, July 18, 2017 – Dürr has received one of the sought-after Volkswagen Group Awards 2017 from Volkswagen. The award was presented to the mechanical and plant engineering firm in the "Global Champion" category for outstanding achievements in the global collaboration with Volkswagen.
This year, the Volkswagen Group Award went to 19 of the Group's top suppliers. Dürr had impressed the car manufacturer with its international performance: the company has now built more than 40 paint shops for the Volkswagen Group, where many of the cars produced by VW are painted.
Special mention was made to Dürr's performance as a general contractor when building turnkey paint shops, such as, most recently, a particularly sustainable paint shop for the VW Crafter in Wrzesnia (Poland). Here, the EcoEMOS manufacturing execution system (MES) is used to control the entire production.
Ralf W. Dieter, CEO of Dürr AG, accepted the award in Berlin: "We are proud to be one of the most important business partners of the Volkswagen Group. The award recognizes the great dedication of our employees and highlights our expertise in the international project business."
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding automation expertise. Products, systems and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Dürr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry. Dürr has 86 business locations in 28 countries. The Group generated sales of € 3.57 billion in 2016. The Group has around 14,400 employees and operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paintshops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing equipment as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery and equipment for the woodworking industry